Please refer to the model number on the back of the device to identify the correct model.ModelModel Number(s)iPhone 4A1332, A1349iPhone 4sA1387, A1431iPhone 5A1428, A1429, A1442iPhone 5cA1532, A1507, A1529, A1456, A1516, A1526iPhone 5sA1533, A1457, A1453, A1518, A1528, A15302Select your device modelIdentify your device using the model number on the back.Please refer to the model number on the back of the device to identify the correct model.ModelModel Number(s)iPhone 4A1332, A1349iPhone 4sA1387, A1431iPhone 5A1428, A1429, A1442iPhone 5cA1532, A1507, A1529, A1456, A1516, A1526iPhone 5sA1533, A1457, A1453, A1518, A1528, A15304Select Color
- Space Grey
Question:How does the program work?Answer:Apple Renew Program, provided by Brightstar, provides consumers with the opportunity to receive monetary value for trading in their current iPhone, iPad or eligible smartphones.
- Information about Brightstar
- We operate the Site.
- Whilst the trade-in process includes the trade-in of Apple Products, the trade-in, reuse and recycling service is provided by Brightstar as an independent third party. Apple Inc and its affiliates and subsidiaries (collectively "Apple") are not party to the Contract between you and us and you shall have no right of action against Apple for any breach of a Contract.
- Apple hereby disclaims and excludes any and all warranties of any kind, express or implied. By using the Site, you hereby release Apple and its respective directors, employees and agents from any disputes, claims, demands, and/or damages (actual or consequential) of every kind, whether known or unknown, arising out of, or relating to, your use of the Site and our services, including, without limitation, incomplete or completed transactions and any claims or disputes between you and Brightstar.
- Copyright © 2015 Brightstar Asia Limited. Brightstar is a registered trademark of Brightstar Corp. All rights reserved.
Service provided by Brightstar Asia Limited.
Customers must complete a simple online assessment (available here) to determine the value of the device, before sending it to Brightstar, for a final assessment of the device before making the payment to the customer. The end to end process will generally take 5 days. More details of how the program are covered in this FAQ.Question:Who can take part in the program?Answer:Any person who is at least 18 years of age and resides within Hong Kong.Question:Can I trade-in any device?Answer:Only eligible iPhone, iPad and a selection of smartphones from other manufacturers will be accepted through this Apple Renew Program. To find out if your device is eligible, simply click on iPad or iPhone . If you’re not sure about which Apple model you have, you may check here http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3939 for iPhone and here http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5452 for iPad. For non Apple devices, select your brand and model to find your device. Most smartphones from other manufacturers have the model inscribed on the back of the device.Question:My device is broken. Can I trade it in?Answer:If your device is no longer working, it is not eligible for trade in. However, Apple can assist in recycling the device responsibly at no cost for you. Visit https://www.apple.com/hk/en/recycling/ to learn more.Question:Can I trade-in more than one device at a time?Answer:Each transaction is limited to one device at a time. However, you can complete multiple transactions if you choose. Each transaction will have a unique Quote ID number.Question:Can I trade-in any device?Answer:No. Only eligible iPhone, iPad and non-Apple devices will be accepted for trade-in value, to find out if your model is eligible click on iPad, iPhone and Non Apple devices and select your brand and model to find your phone. If you’re not sure about which Apple model you have, you may check here http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3939 for iPhone and here http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5452 for iPad.Question:Are there any new purchase requirements for trading in my device?Answer:No. You do not have to buy a new device to participate in this on-line program, however you will be compensated for the trade in value via an Apple Store Gift Card, which will be sent to you electronically.Question:How do I receive my trade-in payment? How long will it take?Answer:Once your device has been received and assessed, you will usually receive an Apple Store Gift Card equal to the amount of the trade-in value via e-mail within approximately 48 working hours. If the final inspected value is different from the original quoted value, you will usually receive the inspected value via electronic Apple Store Gift Card within approximately 48 working hours of your acceptance of the offer, or once 14 days elapses.Question:How long is my Apple Store Gift Card valid for?Answer:Apple Store Gift Cards have no expiration date. However, Apple may amend eligible purchases and locations for redemption with appropriate and reasonable notice by updating Apple Store Gift Card terms and conditions at http://www.apple.com/legal/giftcards/applestore/hk-en/Question:Where can I spend my Apple Store Gift Card. What can I use it for?Answer:Apple Store Gift Cards may be used only for purchases in Hong Kong at Apple Retail Stores, the Apple Online Store at http://store.apple.com/hk, or by calling 800-908-988. Apple Store Gift Cards cannot be used for purchases at the iTunes Store, the App Store, the Mac App Store, the iBooks Store, for additional Apple Gift Cards, payment to any account of any mobile phone contract or service plan, purchases at Apple resellers, or any payment due under an Apple Financial Services account. Apple Store Gift Cards cannot be redeemed outside Hong Kong and are not redeemable for cash (except where required by applicable law).Question:Can I trade-in at an Apple retail store? Are there any differences?Answer:You are welcome to trade-in your eligible device through any Apple Retail store. You will receive instant credit, and you must purchase a new device at that time. If the new device costs less than the trade-in value, the extra will be paid to you as an Apple Store Gift Card.Question:How is the value determined for my device?Answer:The value is determined by the model type, device condition and country of origin.Question:Will I always receive the quoted value?Answer:Not always. Upon receipt of your device, if we find that your self-assessment was different from that of our trained operators, we will adjust the price accordingly. You will receive a notification of this adjustment along with details about why the value is different.Question:What happens if the final value is different from the original quoted one?Answer:You will receive a communication advising you of the inspected value and you will have 14 days to accept or reject our revised offer.
IMPORTANT: If we do not hear from you within 14 days of the notification email delivery date, we will automatically process your device and you will receive an Apple Store Gift Card for the revised value amount. In the event you reject the revised offer, we will ship your device back to you to the address on file to you within 48 business hours of being notified. You might need to pay for the returns fees depending on the reason of return. Taking into account shipping times, you should receive your device within 3 working days.Question:Is the inspected value the final offer for my device?Answer:Yes. If you are unhappy with the revised offer then we will return the device back. You might need to pay for the returns cost depending on the reason of return.Question:Do I need to remove screen lock/pin lock?Answer:Yes, all locks need to be removed from the device prior to shipping to Brightstar. We recommend restoring the device back to factory settings which will also erase all personal data. Please ensure you back up your data before restoring the device to factory settings.Question:Do I have to send my SIM card along with my device?Answer:No, you must remove your SIM card, as these are non-returnable. If a SIM card is still in your device, it will be destroyed immediately upon receipt to protect any personal data.Question:Do I have to send in my device accessories? (charger, cables, etc.)Answer:No. All we need from you is your device. You do not need to send in the accessories, charger, manual or packaging.Question:Do I have to provide any proof of purchase?Answer:No, but our terms and conditions require you to acknowledge that you are the owner of record for the device and entitled to trade it.Question:Is there a cost for sending my device to you? Is there a cost for sending it back to me?Answer:Brightstar pays for the shipping from your Hong Kong address to our Brightstar facility. If you request the device to be returned to you because of value change resulting from difference in inspection condition, Brightstar will pay for the shipment cost. However if you request the device to be returned to you because of value change resulting from a difference in country of origin, you will have to pay for the shipment cost.Question:How do I send my device to you?Answer:You will have a complimentary return kit shipped to you in Hong Kong for you to package and return your device for free.Question:Can you collect my device from outside of Hong Kong?Answer:No, we are only able to collect trade-in devices from within Hong Kong.Question:How long do I have to send my device to you?Answer:The quoted value is valid for 14 days and we encourage you to send the device to us within this timeframe to get the maximum value possible. If you require additional time, you have the option to extend the quote for an additional 7 days through Self-Service site. If you need assistance, you may also contact our Customer Support Centre at 2980 8049 email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.Question:What if I send my device after the quote expires?Answer:If your device is received at the Brightstar facility after your quote has expired, you will receive a revised quote for the device based on the current trade-in price and condition of your device.Question:What happens if I send in a device different from the one for which I received a quote?Answer:As long as it is an eligible device, you will receive an e-mail offer for the trade in value at the time the device is received and processed in our facility. You will have 14 days to accept or decline the offer.
These Terms will apply to any contract between Brightstar Asia Limited, a company registered in Hong Kong under registration number 35009956 and with registered office at Flat A, 16/F, Gemstar Tower, 23 Man Lok Street, Hunghom, Kowloon, Hong Kong (referred to herein as “us”, “our” and “we”) for the trade in of Products by you (the “Contract”). Please read these Terms carefully and make sure that you understand them, before trading-in any Products via our Site. Please note that before trading-in a Product by placing an order on our Site you will be asked to agree to these Terms. If you refuse to accept these Terms, you will not be able to trade-in any Products via our Site.
You should print a copy of these Terms or save them to your computer for future reference.
We amend these Terms from time to time as set out in clause 5. Every time you wish to trade-in Products, please check these Terms to ensure you understand the terms which will apply at that time.
These Terms were most recently updated on 19/04/2016。
These Terms, and any Contract between us, are in the English language and the Chinese language. If there is any discrepancy between the English language and the Chinese language, the English language shall prevail.
- (a) you are accessing our Site from Hong Kong;
- (b) you are legally capable of entering into a binding contract;
- (c) you are not a business or acting in the course of a business; and
- (d) you release us of any liabilities or claims that may arise if you send the Product to us in breach of this warranty.
4.2 Your statutory rights as a consumer are not affected by this Contract. 5. Our right to vary these Terms 5.1 We amend these Terms from time to time. Please look at the top of this page to see when these Terms were last updated. 5.2 Every time you trade-in Products via this Site, the Terms in force at the time of your trade-in will apply to the Contract between you and us. 5.3 We may revise these Terms as they apply to your order from time to time to reflect the following circumstances: (a) changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements; and/or (b) a change in our business practice. 5.4 If we have to revise these Terms as they apply to your order, we will contact you to give you reasonable advance notice of the changes and let you know how to cancel the Contract if you are not happy with the changes. You may cancel in respect of all of the affected Products. If you opt to cancel, you will have to return any monies (or other consideration) you have already received. 6. Collection 6.1 We can only send return packs and collect your Products from within Hong Kong. 7. Valuing your Product 7.1 You warrant that you will accurately describe the condition of your Products so that we are able to provide an initial quotation before we are in receipt of, and able to, inspect the Product (the “Original Quotation”). The Original Quotation will be valid for a period of 14 days from the date it is issued to you (“Initial Period”). You may extend the validity of the Original Quotation within the Initial Period by a further period of 7 days from the end of the Initial Period (“Quote Validity Period”). 7.2 We accept accessories such as chargers and headsets but these do not increase the value of your Product. 7.3 Upon receipt of your Product, we will carry out an Inspection (as defined in clause 9.1). Any incorrect or inaccurate Product descriptions may result in us re-evaluating our Original Quotation to produce a Revised Quotation (as defined in clause 9.4). 7.4 Subject to clause 7.3, you must ensure that we are in receipt of the Products within the Initial Period or Quote Validity Period as appropriate. If we are not in receipt of a Product with the Initial Period or Quote Validity Period as appropriate, we reserve the right to provide you with a Revised Quotation (as defined in clause 9.4), subject to the clauses 8 and 9 below. 8. Lost, Blocked, Stolen and Fake Products and Pre-Pay Box Breaking 8.1 For the purposes of these Terms “Fake” Products are counterfeit Products which are manufactured to resemble products made by another company in breach of the intellectual property rights of the genuine manufacturer. 8.2 In the case we are notified or suspect that the Product is either lost or stolen, we may request further proof of ownership of the Product. Additional proof of ownership may include, but is not limited to, receipts, tax invoices or carrier receipts. In the event that there is insufficient proof of ownership, the Product may be returned to you, or to the relevant authorities. 8.3 We may work with a number of agencies and service providers to enable us to check the IMEI of all Products that are sent to us to confirm that they are not stolen. We may do this prior to confirming purchase. However, in the event that we become aware of any issues at any time, we reserve the right to withhold/cancel payment and you agree to co-operate with us and any authorities should we make such a request. 8.4 We will make no payments to customers for Products received which are either lost, stolen or Fake. 8.5 We reserve the right to inform the relevant authorities if there is any suspicion that there is a deliberate attempt to perpetrate a fraud. We reserve the right to reclaim any money paid to you if it is discovered within three months of the return of that Product that the Product has either been reported as a lost, stolen or the Product is discovered to be a Fake. 9. Inspection and Revised Quotation 9.1 Once your Products have been received by us, we will inspect the Product to check to see if it complies with the description that you provided to us originally (the “Inspection”). 9.2 The Inspection will focus on, amongst other things, the model and condition of the Product, the country of origin of the Product as well as the total number of Products received by us. If the model, condition and/or origin are different to your original description, the Original Quotation will be adjusted in accordance with clause 9.4 below. Should our Inspection reveal that you have sent us a different model than the one that we provided an Original Quotation for, we will offer an amount for the different model based on the price displayed on the Site on the day that we are in receipt of the different model (subject to the condition of the Product). We may also adjust the Original Quotation if we decide to offer an amount for one or more but not all of the Products received by us. 9.3 We will have sole discretion in determining the appropriate condition, the model, the country of origin and price of the Product. 9.4 We will contact you via email or text to confirm the amount we will offer for such Product as adjusted, if necessary, by these Terms (the “Revised Quotation”). You will have 14 days from the date that we have sent the email or text in which to accept the Revised Quotation provided that we cannot be held responsible for the non-delivery of emails because of spam email or junk filters. If you: (a) choose to decline the Revised Quotation within the 14 day period which has been provided because the condition of the Product is different to your original description, you may ask us to return the Product to you at no additional cost to you; (b) choose to decline the Revised Quotation within the 14 day period which has been provided because the country of origin of the Product is different to your original description or for any other reason, you may ask us to return the Product to you at your cost. We will provide the applicable cost to you upon request and which must be paid before we return the Product to you; or (c) do not reply within 14 days of us sending the email or text, we will pay you the Revised Quotation. Please allow for up to 10 working days to receive your returned Product. If for any reason we cannot send you back your original Product then we will be obliged to make payment for the Original Quotation (except to the extend such failure to send back the original Product to you has resulted from any act or omission of you). 9.5 Under no circumstances can Products be returned by us to you after the expiry of the 14 day period detailed in clause 9.4. 9.6 Additional accessories that have been sent in with your Product which have not been requested by us cannot be returned to you. 10. How the Contract is formed between you and us 10.1 Nothing on this Site constitutes an offer by us to sell or purchase any goods or services. 10.2 Sending Products to us shall constitute an offer by you to sell such Products to us in return for the Original Quotation (“Your Offer”). However, please note that this does not mean that Your Offer has been accepted. Therefore we may, in our sole discretion, refuse to accept Your Offer for any reason. Our acceptance of your Offer will take place as described in clause 10.3. We may also, in our sole discretion, cancel any trade-in order you place on the Site in which case the Products relating to the order will not be collected by us. 10.3 No Contract will be formed until either: (a) we accept Your Offer, by paying to you a sum equal to the Original Quotation; or (b) you have accepted our Revised Quotation and we make a payment to you of a sum equal to the Revised Quotation,
- within the time frame set out in and in accordance with this Contract.
11. Pricing and Payments 11.1 We initiate payments to you through Apple Gift Card within 3 working days after receipt and Inspection. 11.2 Prices offered on our Site are subject to change at any time without notice. 12. Title and Risk in Products 12.1 Title in the Product(s) shall pass to us on completion of the payment to you for such Product(s) at which point you disclaim any further right, title or interest in and to the Product or any items contained therein. 12.2 You must own all rights in any Product(s) that you send to us. By placing your trade-in order you declare that you are the true and rightful owner of, and have good title to, the enclosed Product(s) and as such, you confirm that you are legally authorized to sell or dispose of the Product(s) at your own discretion. 12.3 Subject to clause 12.4, risk in the Product(s) shall pass to us once the Product is in transit from you to us via the mail/courier service that you use to send the Product to us. 12.4 Whilst the Products are in transit from you to us the following shall apply: (a) for each Product that you send to us you shall ensure that: (i) it is packaged so that it is physically protected; and (ii) you obtain and provide to us on request a tracking number for the package; (b) subject to clause 12.4(c), our total liability to you in respect of all losses arising in connection with the loss or damage to a Product or Products whilst in transit, shall in no circumstances exceed the value of the Original Quotation; and (c) we shall not be liable to you for any loss arising in connection with the loss or damage to a Product or Products whilst in transit should you fail to comply with the provisions of clause 12.4(a).
13. Our liability 13.1 If we fail to comply with these Terms, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breach of these Terms or our negligence, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if it is an obvious consequence of our breach or if it was contemplated by you and us at the time we entered into this Contract. 13.2 We do not in any way exclude or limit our liability for: (a) death or personal injury caused by our negligence; (b) fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or (c) any other liability which cannot be excluded by law. 13.3 Subject to clause 13.1, we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity. 14. Indemnity 14.1 The trade-in, reuse and recycling service is provided for lawful purposes only, and you agree to indemnify us from and against any claims brought against us arising from performing our obligations under a Contract or for any breach of these Terms by you. 15. Events outside our control 15.1 We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under a Contract that is caused by an Event Outside Our Control (as such phrase is defined in clause 15.2). 15.2 An “Event Outside Our Control” means any act or event beyond our reasonable control, including without limitation strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action by third parties, civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war, fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster, or failure of public or private telecommunications networks or impossibility of the use of railways, shipping, aircraft, motor transport or other means of public or private transport. 15.3 If an Event Outside Our Control takes place that affects the performance of our obligations under a Contract: (a) we will contact you as soon as reasonably possible to notify you; and (b) our obligations under a Contract will be suspended and the time for performance of our obligations will be extended for the duration of the Event Outside Our Control. 15.4 You may cancel a Contract affected by an Event Outside Our Control which has continued for more than 30 days. To cancel please contact us. If you opt to cancel, you will have to return any monies you have already received and we will return any Products relating to such monies. 16. Communications between us 16.1 When we refer, in these Terms, to "in writing", this will include e-mail. 16.2 You may contact us by telephoning our customer service team at 2980 8049 or by e-mailing us at email@example.com. If we have to contact you or give you notice in writing, we will do so by e-mail or by pre-paid post to the address you provide to us in your order. 16.3 The provisions of this clause 16 shall not apply to the service of any proceedings or other documents in any legal action. 17. Intellectual property rights 17.1 We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our Site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved. 17.2 You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our Site for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our Site. 17.3 You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text. 17.4 Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our Site must always be acknowledged. 17.5 You must not use any part of the content on our Site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors. 17.6 If you print off, copy or download any part of our Site in breach of these Terms, your right to use our Site will cease immediately and you must, at our option, return or destroy any copies of the materials you have made. 18. Other important terms 18.1 We may transfer our rights and obligations under a Contract to another organisation, but this will not affect your rights or our obligations under these Terms. 18.2 You may only transfer your rights or your obligations under these Terms to another person if we agree in writing. 18.3 This Contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms. 18.4 Each of the clauses of these Terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful or unenforceable, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect. 18.5 If we fail to insist that you perform any of your obligations under these Terms, or if we do not enforce our rights against you, or if we delay in doing so, that will not mean that we have waived our rights against you and will not mean that you do not have to comply with those obligations. If we do waive a default by you, we will only do so in writing, and that will not mean that we will automatically waive any later default by you. 18.6 These Terms are governed by the laws of Hong Kong. This means a Contract for the trade-in of Products through our Site and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it will be governed by the laws of Hong Kong. 18.7 We and you both irrevocably agree that the courts of Hong Kong and courts of appeal from them shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with a Contract or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims).
Brightstar may collect the following types of information: the customer’s name, email address, mail address, user name and password and any faxes or mail sent to us and the IMEI numbers of any mobile device used in any transaction with Brightstar, and other information that clients may provide in their course of communication with Brightstar.
Information can sometimes include identification information to comply with relevant second hand trading legislation and your rights or title to sell goods to Brightstar in addition to financial information pertaining to the financial processing of a transaction.
We may also use 'cookies' which will collect information about you such as your IP address and how you have used our website - this is discussed further below (see 2.7 below).
This policy has been drafted having regard to Brightstar's obligations under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance as updated from time to time (the PDPO).
This policy has been drafted in the English language and the Chinese language. If there is any discrepancy between the English language and the Chinese language, the English language shall prevail.
Address: 5/607 Bourke Street, Melbourne, VIC, Australia
Attention: Brightstar Privacy Officer
Note that terms that are capitalised (the first letter of each word is a capital) are defined in the Glossary at the end of this Policy.
- 1. Collection
- 1.business planning and development; and
- 2.with the individuals' consent, to provide them with information about Brightstar’s other services, as well as the services of other related companies.
- 2. Use
- 2. for any other purpose communicated to you at or near the time your Personal Information is collected;
- 3. as permitted or required by law (this includes Use to avoid an imminent threat to a person's life or to public safety. It may also use Personal Information for reasons related to law enforcement or internal investigations into unlawful activities);
- 4. if we believe it necessary to provide you with a service you have requested;
- 5. to implement our service;
- 6. to protect the rights, property or personal safety of another Brightstar client, any member of the public or Brightstar;
- 7. if some or all of the assets and operations of our business are or may be transferred to another party by way of sale of some or all of the business; or
- 8. if you have provided your consent to such use or disclosure.
2.4 Brightstar also intend to use your name, email address and telephone number to send you Direct Marketing communication about mobile phone and computer products and services provided by Brightstar, our Related Bodies Corporate, or independent third party organisation who are our business partners. We may disclose your Personal Information to our Related Bodies Corporate who provide the same type of products and services as us for direct marketing purposes. Your consent is required before we do so.
You may opt out from further Direct Marketing by checking the appropriate box in each Direct Marketing communication or sending us an email or SMS asking to be removed from our Direct Marketing list;
You will be given an opportunity to opt out from all further instances of Direct Marketing in each Direct Marketing communication
If you opt out of all Direct Marketing the opt out will be respected by Brightstar and all its Related Bodies Corporate and we will no longer use your Personal Information for Direct Marketing.
2.5 Brightstar will not, if collected, use Sensitive Information for Direct Marketing. 2.6 Brightstar will not use Personal Information without taking reasonable steps to ensure that the information is accurate, complete and up to date. 2.7 When you come to a Brightstar website, our server attaches a small text file to your hard drive — a cookie. A “cookie” assigns you a unique identifier so that we can recognise you each time you re-enter the website, so we can recall where you’ve previously been on our site, and which keeps track of the pages you view on the website. Cookies help us deliver a better website experience to our users.
- This information collected by using a cookie is sometimes called “clickstream”. We use this information to understand how our users navigate our websites, and to determine common traffic patterns, including what site the user came from. We may use this information to make site navigation and product recommendations, and to help redesign our Site in order to make your experience on our Site more efficient and enjoyable
We may also use this information to better personalize the content, banner ads, and promotions that you and other users will see.
You also have choices with respect to cookies. By modifying your browser preferences, you have the choice to accept all cookies, to be notified when a cookie is set, or to reject all cookies. If you choose to reject all cookies you will be unable to use those services or engage in activities that require the placement of cookies. Certain aspects of the Site may not function properly if you set your browser to reject all cookies.
- 3. Disclosure
3.1 Brightstar may Disclose Personal Information to related or unrelated third parties if consent has been obtained from you to do so. 3.2 Brightstar may Disclose Personal Information between Related Bodies Corporate. Where information is Disclosed to such a Related Body Corporate, that Related Body Corporate is bound by the original Primary Purpose for which the information was collected. 3.3 We also use service providers to help us maximise the quality and efficiency of our services and our business operations. This means individuals and organisations outside of Brightstar, such as mail houses, information technology service providers, website hosts and back-up service providers, will sometimes have access to Personal Information held by Brightstar and may use it on behalf of Brightstar. We ensure that our contracts with our service providers require them to adhere to strict privacy guidelines and to only Use your Personal Information for purposes we have authorised to comply with the Use and Disclosure requirements of the Privacy Act. 3.4 Brightstar may also disclose your Personal information outside of Hong Kong to our Related Body Corporates and to service providers noted in 3.3 above. 3.5 Brightstar may Disclose Personal Information to law enforcement agencies, government agencies, courts or external advisers where permitted or required by law. 3.6 Brightstar may Disclose Personal Information to avoid an imminent threat to a person's life or to public safety. 3.7 Except for Disclosure for a Primary Purpose or for a related Secondary Purpose or where your consent has been obtained to such Disclosure, Brightstar will not Disclose your Personal Information otherwise than in accordance with the exceptions set out at 3.1 to 3.7 above.
- 4. Data security
- 5. Complaints or questions
- 6. Access and correction
- 7. Client Information
- 8. Transferring information overseas
Brightstar means Brightstar Asia Limited.
Direct Marketing means the marketing of products or services through means of communication including written, verbal, physical or electronic means. The services which are marketed may be those of Brightstar or a Related Body Corporate or those of an independent third party organisation.
Disclosure generally means the release of information outside Brightstar, including under a contract to carry out an "outsourced function".
Health Information means
- 1. information or an opinion about:
- 1. the health or a disability (at any time) of an individual; or
- 2. an individual's expressed wishes about the future provision of health services to him or her; or
- 3. a health service provided or to be provided to an individual;
- that is also Personal Information; or
- 2. other Personal Information collected to provide or in providing a health service; or
- 3. other Personal Information about an individual collected in connection with the donation; or intended donation by the individual of his or her body parts or body substances.
- 1. information or an opinion about:
- Personal Information means any personal information:
- 1. relating directly or indirectly to a living individual;
- 2. from which it is practicable for the identity of the individual to be directly or indirectly ascertained; and
- 3. in a form in which access to or processing of the data is practicable.
- Primary Purpose is the dominant or fundamental reason for information being collected in a particular transaction.
- 1. a holding company of another body corporate;
- 2. a subsidiary of another body corporate; or
- 3. a subsidiary of a holding company of another body corporate,
the first mentioned body corporate and the other body corporate are deemed to be related to each other.
- Sensitive Information means:
- 1. information or an opinion about an individual's:
- 1. racial or ethnic origin; or
- 2. political opinions; or
- 3. membership of a political association; or
- 4. religious beliefs or affiliations; or
- 5. philosophical beliefs; or
- 6. membership of a professional or trade association; or
- 7. membership of a trade union; or
- 8. sexual preferences or practices; or
- 9. criminal record; that is also Personal Information or
- 2. Health Information about an individual.
- 1. information or an opinion about an individual's:
Reasonable Expectation means a reasonable individual's expectation that their Personal Information might be Used or Disclosed for a particular purpose.
Related Body Corporate means that where a body corporate is:
Use means the handling of Personal Information within Brightstar.
Please call us at 2980 8049 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are available Monday to Friday 9:30am – 5:30pm to answer any questions you might have.